Monday 5 November 2007

Exercise!! And 10... and 9... and 8...

I'm a pretty active person. That is: I am fairly active. Not I am a pretty and active person. Sadly. This is where the lack of understand of punctuation in today's society is highlighted.

Anyway, I digress. I have an active lifestyle, and a physical job. However, I would like to tone up and in particular, once the spare tyre(s) have gone, I want a TONED midriff. Hell, I have a gorgeous tattoo on my back and a pierced belly button, I damn well want to show them off!

So as of Day 3, I have been doing sit-ups twice a day. I do 15 x normal sit-ups; 12 to the right, 12 to the left, and 12 lower ab crunches - the evil ones where you cross your ankles, bend the knees, and use your lower abs to lift your bottom slightly off the floor as you crunch up... and crunch is the word. Ouch.

Ok so that no big boast - we ARE only on Day 5. But this morning, they felt a lot easier! Hurrah, progress already! I hope that if I can continue doing them twice a day for a fortnight, they will become habit, part of my daily routine and I won't have to think about them so much.

No comments: